Intandem Films announces Board Changes
Intandem Films has appointed Robert Mitchell as chief executive with immediate effect. Mitchell, who first joined the board in 2011 as a non-executive director, has previously worked for some of the biggest film companies in the world.
He worked for Walt Disney for 17 years where he set up the UK operations of international film distribution company, Buena Vista, in 1992.
He was subsequently promoted to managing director of Walt Disney UK. During his time at Disney, he released four of the then top 25 films ever distributed in the UK, including 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'The Lion King'. In 2004, he was voted International Distributor of the Year by ICA and has been a BAFTA winner.
Mitchell joined Intandem's executive management team in 2012 to head up the UK distribution business.
The company will continue to consider UK distribution opportunities but these can typically be capital intensive in nature. Consistent with the company's policies of managing the risk associated with the film industry, and not investing in the production of films from its own resources, in the short to medium term the company will only commit to UK distribution engagements where it is possible to partner with a second UK distributor in order to reduce the commitment of the Company's own resources.
Mitchell will replace Gary Smith who has decided to step down from the board and leave the company to combine his career as an executive producer with new opportunities outside the film industry.
- Intandem Films' Second Origin in Screen International
- 'Killing Hasselhoff' at the Cannes Film Festival in the Times
- Intandem Films' Killing Hasselhoff in Cannes
- Project Update
- Intandem Adds to Board
- Intandem Films in Variety
- Intandem Films announces Board Changes
- Intandem Films and the film 'Believe' in the Sunday Express
- Adelaide Clemens Joins The Laureate, Intandem Sells World Rights
- Intandem Films Handling International Sales for 'Believe' at the EFM in Berlin